The lack of diversity in the advertising and marketing industry is not a new issue. Despite loads of research on the business benefits of diverse teams, there’s been talk but little action for years to increase Black and minority representation in the industry.
- CJ Bland, co-founder, CEO and principal consultant of the Minority Professional Network, which specializes in DE&I recruiting and retention, marketing, training/speaking and consulting.
- Zenia Johnson, an account lead at digital agency 3Q Digital who specializes in social media and is passionate about fostering inclusivity and diversity in the digital technology space.
- Jackie Leung, director of talent acquisition at digital agency Wpromote. She oversees all hiring practices nationwide and leads the agency’s Diversity Equity and Inclusion Initiative.
We discussed why diversity is good business, what intentional commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) initiatives looks like, recruiting, hiring and retainment practices to achieve diversity goals and how employees can initiate change in their organizations. Watch the full session above.
For more on this topic, see the accompanying article: Actionable ways to drive diversity, equity and inclusion in your marketing organizations.
Live with Search Engine Land’s weekly meetups are about giving great marketers a platform to inform, support and convene our global community. If you have an idea for a session or would like to join a panel, email [email protected]
More from SMX Next
- Register to see all the sessions on demand!
- Replay: Addressing diversity, recruitment and retainment in agencies and marketing teams
- How in-house SEO teams and enterprise tech can boost organizational efficiency
- Google positioned to dominate the 'O2O economy'
This story first appeared on Search Engine Land.